Growing up I used to think I had dry skin, until I learnt a bit more about skincare and realised it’s very easy to get confused between dry skin and dehydrated skin. My skin actually battles with dehydration. The good news is, with a good skincare routine and diet one can really keep their skin looking glowy and hydrated. I especially love to incorporate a mask into my skincare routine and have particularly been enjoying the Skinderm Hydrating Repair Mask.
Skinderm Hydrating Repair Mask
This intensive mask puts back much-needed moisture to dehydrated skin, helps repair the skin barrier and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Instead of leaving your skin tight or dry, the nourishing formula of the Skinderm Hydrating Repair Mask leaves your skin soft and supple. The formula is non-drying as well.
This little mask has become a little bit of my “go-to” on Sunday evenings while prepping for the week. I hate that some masks leave your skin feeling very tight. This mask rather feels very moisturising even while applying- I sometimes even forget I have it on and leave it on for longer! If your skin is in need of some extra TLC- you can even leave it on overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
Suitable for: All skin types
If you’re looking Skinderm stockists, see this website
How to look after dehydrated skin:
- Spritz a facial spray throughout the day- my favorite is from Mario Badescu
- Look for products containing hyalauronic acid to provide long lasting hydration
- Avoid showers that are too hot. Hot showers can actually strip your skin of moisture, leaving you feeling dry. Perhaps try to turn down the temperature from burn-level to something a little lower.
- Use serums and masks. When your skin is super dry, use a hydrating mask on top of your serum, which creates a barrier and forces the moisturizing ingredients in your serum to penetrate skin.
- Exfoliate regularly. Your skin may not be absorbing the hydrators you’re applying. This is because exfoliation is key in removing the dead skin cells from the top layer of skin. Dead skin on the top layers can prevent skin-care ingredients from doing their job!
- Over cleansing your skin can also contribute to dehydration. Be sure to use products which are recommended especially for your skin type.